Sunday, April 18, 2010

Charmed

So a while back I talked about my little twist on the bouquet toss.

Well, I have no idea how many ladies (single or married, anything goes) will want to participate. And I won't know until the emcee decides to call them up to the dance floor. Now, this rather fortunate uncertainty gives me the opportunity to buy a bunch of charms. If I have too many, guess who gets to keep them?

Yeeeep. I like this plan.

Let's see what we've got...

Plumeria flowers...

flower charm
Wedding rings...
wedding ring charm
Cameras, for all the family photographers in the crowd...
camera charm
And airplanes, both because it's a semi-destination wedding, and because they are just oh-so-very cute!
airplane charm
All the charms came from here.

I then waited until Michael's had their 60% ribbon sale, where I bought a bunch of different patterns in red, white and black.
ribbon
Using hot glue and some little bits of wire, I attached each charm to a three-foot long piece of ribbon.
bouquet pull
I'll hold as many ribbons to my bouquet as there are participants, and hide them under my hands. Only one ribbon will actually be tied to the flowers, so whoever picks and pulls that "lucky charm" will win! Win what? Why, my ridiculously expensive bouquet of course, which is no joke!

So what should the lucky charm be?

5 comments:

  1. I guess you can't make it the flower cause you've got a few of those? :-P Is there like 'one' wedding dress one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, inclusive but not overwhelming. Very modern and clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! I like this so much better than the traditional bouquet toss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the lucky charm should be the airplane, it's unexpected!

    ReplyDelete