Saturday, April 17, 2010

Back on the Upbeat

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their encouragement and help! It helped more than I can say, and I hope that's the last time I'll have to write something so miserable. It's comforting to know that you've faced similar heartaches, and that you all are still alive and well in spite of it.

Anyway, since my meltdown, I had a big-long-talk with my mom, and I finally reached a compromise on the hotel show-down. We booked rooms at the hotel I had blocked before, on the terms that we can cancel and be refunded at anytime (in case mom really does find something better :P ). I had wanted to buy at the cheaper rate, but since it was a "lock-in" deal, mom was pushing back. Although it's not the best deal this way, at least we have a hotel now - so problem solved!

Regarding my guest-list sadness, there's really nothing to be done, but we did get our first RSVP back in the mail today from one of Sak's second-uncles. Is that the term? Dad's cousin? I don't know. So three people are coming at least! haha. I was a little bummed that they didn't fill out the mad-lib, but oh well, maybe it was too silly after all.

The florist emailed back finally, and she said she'd fix the floppy flowers. I'm crossing my fingers for round two!

As for my planning-woes, I'm going to start working on a timeline to find out where I stand first, and then try and figure out what kind of help I will need. Sak's aunt hinted that some of his other "second-aunts" would be willing to help set-up during the ceremony, since some of them don't normally attend ceremonies anyway. I'm not sure about this still, as it sounds odd to me, but we'll see. My brother is also planning on doing a summer mission trip to the University of Hawaii to set up some Campus Crusade thing. My mom is going to facebook (that's right, she's hip like that) some of the other girls that are going and see if they will do some of my dirty work in return for some free food, entertainment and time with my in-demand brother. HA. I still have a lot of reservations about these plans due to my trust-issues, but I guess I'll just have to let that go. Or hope that there's no earlier bookings at my venue. If there isn't, I can oversee all the set-up myself and not have any of these issues. :)

But maybe this is a lesson in disguise - telling me that I can't control everything, and that I just need to calm down and have faith in others. Easier said than done, but we'll see.

In any case, it feels REALLY good to resolve some of my issues, and move on. Back to regular posting for me, and hopefully it will stay that way!

Now time to wake up Sak from his all-afternoon nap, so we can start working on the second half of my dress! :)

2 comments:

  1. Aww glad to hear things are looking up! Sometimes... we do the freak out thing only to later resolve everything eventually. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad things are starting to get better. You deserve to be happy!

    ReplyDelete