Friday, November 6, 2009

Moving after Marriage

Even though Sak and I share a townhouse together, we have separate rooms.

(Avatars created with this)


After the wedding, Sak will move into my room, since it's slightly bigger than his. (Because I'm slightly bigger than him, I need the extra space, yeah?)

This will be a big change for us, I think. I'm excited, but I'm also a little bit scared. Is that the right word? I don't know, but I do know that I'm not looking forward to having to share my closet. It's already packed as it is!

Me: You can leave your clothes and stuff in your room, right? It's just a few feet away.
Sak: No. I get half your closet. That's the rule.
Me: What rule is that?!

He grinned, and reminded me of my own longstanding rule that he's never, ever to enter my walk-in closet. (I have these crazy fears of bad guys jumping out and attacking me in it, so it's a safety precaution.) Apparently having me share my closet is "revenge" for my irrational behavior, and it's one of the rare things he's actually excited about. Other than, you know, the obvious. *blush*

But it's not all bad. In exchange for giving up "my" space and learning to share a bed, Sak promised me full use of his old room.

You know what I'm thinking, right?

Conversion to a craft room/workshop! Finally a home for all my toys, old and new. A place where we can build future creations without interrupting daily life. In a few words: a contained mess.

So when I start feeling apprehensive about gaining a forever-roommate, all I need to think about is a beautiful new craft room to put my mind at ease.

Is your living situation changing at all after the wedding? Do you welcome the change with open arms, or with slight reservations?

2 comments:

  1. wow, that's a really unique arrangement you guys have! so you have a lot of the benefits of living together, but then after you get married there will be this "change" that will kinda make things new and exciting! kevin and i moved in together a few years ago and we're still fighting over space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eep! And here I was hoping it'd be a one-time problem..haha. My poor closet..:(

    ReplyDelete