Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Bird is the Word

Originally, Sak and I hadn't planned on fulfilling the tradition of folding a thousand paper cranes. We didn't think we'd have to time, or want to take the effort.

Yet inevitably, I found myself with four 300-sheet packs of square origami paper.

We folded during our favorite tv shows and during our train rides home, mostly. And we're finally all finished. 1,001 in total.

Here's a video we made to commemorate the feat:

1,001 Cranes from penga on Vimeo.



I'm not sure what we'll be doing with these babies just yet. At first I wanted to make a big 70's style beaded curtain with them, but I'm not sure if we'll have enough to cover the double-doorway at the reception hall. I could always use them as garland, I guess.

And yes, in my great lack of foresight, I realize that the paper colors are completely random and clashy. Oh well?

Anyone else folding the good-luck cranes?

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for crane folders!

    I'm folding (at least) 1001 paper cranes for the wedding. I already did for our engagement shoot! Some were bigger than the cat. :p For the wedding, I'm tracking down GIANT paper so that hopefully they'll be even bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, giant paper sounds pretty awesome. Are you going to hang them? Or sit them around the tables or something? That would be kinda neat for a photo booth or something, have people sit/stand in a big pile of giant cranes..like one of those kiddie ball pits. @_@!

    ReplyDelete