Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Dress Flowers Part 2

Just a little experimentation with the flowers...
The giant star, with an impromptu shoulder strap put in. Sak likes this one, he thinks it's "statement making". It is indeed!

And now the flower with the strap!

And the flower without a strap!

And finally, the back flowers! The skirt is getting pretty wrinkly at this point, haha! Ribbons or beads hanging down, anyone?

I think I'll have to go back and make a few more rosettes if I go with the flower at the top. I think one by itself is a little lonely. Maybe a few different sizes bunched together in a cluster?

I know not many people make their dress, but I'm wondering - has anyone else decided to add or detract from their gowns to better suit their style?

3 comments:

  1. I like the flowers and the strap, but I can't decide which flower I like more. ^_^;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed my mom your pics and she liked the "statement star". :D
    I think I like that one the best too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! well it certainly is the most fun. I was also thinking maybe clustering the flowers with more flowers? I think one flower looks a little too lonely..but if I went with the star, it definitely can stand on it's own! ^^"

    ReplyDelete