Thursday, September 24, 2009

Well Suited

Well, now that Sak-brother has decided to come visit us for Thanksgiving break (he goes to school in L.A.), Sak and our 2 brothers can go suit shopping!

All three boys are fairly skinny. One is tall AND skinny. So I think we'll be needing a more "fitted" suit. These go by many different names: modern fit, European cut, slim cut, etc. And they are really snazzy looking! Here's some samples (click the images for the source):


Aren't they awesome? I can't wait to see them in them! We'll probably get them from Macy's, since we have an awesome Auntie discount we can use! Thanks for that! Here's two I like..

The top image is an Alfani 3-button in black, and the bottom image is an Alfani 2 button in charcoal. I think I like the 3-button better, but I can't decide whether I like solid black, or charcoal black. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm envisioning the brothers wearing red vests and ties, with a nice red pocket squares instead of boutonnieres. Sak will have a white vest and tie, with a white pocket square. He decided early on that pocket squares (to him) are much more manly than a flower, and it's one less floral arrangement I'll have to think about.Similar to this vest and pocket square?

Black or Charcoal? 2-button or 3-button? Should I give up the hunt for dragon-embroidered silk vests? Do they need fancy hats? Suspenders?

Or maybe a better question - is all this fanciness going to make them pass out in the hot Hawaiian sun? Air-conditioned buildings are a must!

What are you doing? Going for a certain look regardless of the weather? Or keeping it practical and comfortable?

1 comment:

  1. Happy 24th Birthday Michelle Maryanna!
    8 lbs. 2 oz., 20 inches long...you've come a long way baby!!!
    Continue to grow in the grace & knowledge of our Lord & Savior.
    Love ya always,
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete